We value the strong relationship that exists between our school and the community and always welcome the opportunity to take part in village activities and to share ours.
Our Foundation Stage teacher regularly visits the local Pre-school and welcomes their return visits. Contact numbers and details can be obtained from the school office.
Links with other Village Organisations
At different times the school has links with a range of community organisations:
- The school maintains regular links with St. Martin’s Church and the United Reformed Church
- Clergy from different local churches regularly take school assemblies.
- Harvest produce donations are boxed up at the school and delivered by pupils and staff to homes in the village following our Harvest Festival.
- The school regularly entertains The Good Companions at their school performances and afterwards for refreshments.
- The school takes part in the Remembrance Day Service each year, at which Year 6 pupils lay a wreath at the village War Memorial.
- Staff and pupils participate in village carol singing at Christmas.
- Our school is represented in the Parish Magazine.
Links with the Wider Community
We also take part in a number of other activities:
- Sports matches with local schools.
- Visits to local secondary schools such as Chelmer Valley High School
- Pupils take part in both the Infant and Junior Music Festivals.
- Pupils sing in the Annual Barnardo’s Concert in London.
- We share our pool facilities with small schools in the Chelmsford area as part of the Infant Splash.
- Taking part in competitions to improve our school and the quality of provision.
Most of the Governors are members of the community of Little Waltham. They support the planning and development of the school.