At Little Waltham Primary School we are proud to be an inclusive school where we work together to challenge, inspire and motivate all children to become successful, confident and caring members of society. We work together to create a harmonious environment where all members of the school community feel safe, can enjoy, achieve and make a positive contribution to the school and the wider community. We promote a culture where pupils are happy, believe that they can succeed, take responsibility for their learning, set targets for their own achievement and develop as independent learners.
Our Mission Statement
Our mission as a church school is to be – Loving, Welcoming and Succeeding with Faith, Family and Friendship at the centre of all that we do.
Our Christian Values
Our eight values of Creation, Endurance, Forgiveness, Koinonia, Reverence, Service, Trust and Wisdom chosen by the Staff, Governors and Children, reflect the aspirations we have for each pupil, to inspire a high level of spiritual and moral reflection and to challenge them to take responsibility for their own actions.
We believe that God created all things that we need on the earth and that we have a responsibility to look after it
We maintain a ‘can do’ attitude and aspire to achieve our goals, even when they seem difficult to accomplish
We forgive because we are forgiven and we are kind and think of others
Meaning fellowship and community, we work together to ensure all feel included and valued
We have respect for others and value the diversity of people’s circumstances and backgrounds
We ‘go the extra mile’ by putting ourselves out for someone else’s benefit
We are willing to trust in the abilities and integrity of others so that our learning can be enriched
We have an understanding of the consequences of our thoughts, words and actions and an awareness of the true value of things
Our Aims & Values
At Little Waltham Primary School we aim to:
- Provide a differentiated and relevant curriculum with varied teaching styles to meet the range of pupils’ educational needs, ensuring excellence and enjoyment.
- Enable pupils to make maximum progress in their academic and social development.
- Actively support the welfare, well-being and safeguarding of our pupils.
- Make each and every child feel a valued member of the school community.
- Help pupils to develop the skills of an independent learner, promoting high self esteem and a positive self image in preparing pupils for their future roles in society.
- Identify individual needs and to make an appropriate response to these, ensuring equal opportunities for all.
- Promote a working partnership between home and school in supporting each child’s learning.
- Develop a community spirit, promote a common ethos and shared values, based on Christian principles, whilst acknowledging and respecting values held by other cultures and faiths.
- Develop a sense of reverence, appreciation, awe and wonder about our world.
- Provide a happy school with a safe, caring, stimulating and attractive environment.
The School Day
Although routines do vary from time to time and from class to class, the following guide shows the timetable for a typical day at Little Waltham Primary School:
View our most recent Ofsted Report from March 2018 below: