Our Vision & Values
Our vision is based on us, like the body of Christ, being a team. The body is not supported by one person, but by all of us. We are strongest working together in unity, which is key to living life in harmony so that we can do God’s will. This reflects the biblical text:
For the body is not one member, but many
1 Corinthians, 12:14
At Little Waltham C.E.V.A. Primary School, we work together to inspire others towards excellence. We do this in a distinctively Christian environment where our vision and values underpin all that we do.
How Do We Live Out Our Vision at Little Waltham?
- New members of staff are welcomed and supported.
- All staff members work as a team to achieve the very best we can for the children in our care.
- We share lots of different examples of excellence around our school. Children share work, staff share ideas, it is displayed around school.
- We celebrate excellence through our Friday Celebration Worship.
- We all work flexibly to support each other, the pupils and their families.
- Displays around the school celebrate children’s work from every class.
- Whole school curriculum weeks allow children to explore the same ideas or concepts with collaborative learning across all year groups.
- The School Council allows pupil voices to be heard and we aim to implement children’s ideas to help improve learning or the school environment.
- During the pandemic, we have all contributed towards whole school worship videos so that the children have still had opportunities to celebrate together in worship.
Our Christian Values
Our eight values of Creation, Endurance, Forgiveness, Koinonia, Reverence, Service, Trust and Wisdom chosen by the Staff, Governors and Children, reflect the aspirations we have for each pupil, to inspire a high level of spiritual and moral reflection and to challenge them to take responsibility for their own actions.
We believe that God created all things that we need on the earth and that we have a responsibility to look after it
We maintain a ‘can do’ attitude and aspire to achieve our goals, even when they seem difficult to accomplish
We forgive because we are forgiven and we are kind and think of others
Meaning fellowship and community, we work together to ensure all feel included and valued
We have respect for others and value the diversity of people’s circumstances and backgrounds
We ‘go the extra mile’ by putting ourselves out for someone else’s benefit
We are willing to trust in the abilities and integrity of others so that our learning can be enriched
We have an understanding of the consequences of our thoughts, words and actions and an awareness of the true value of things